This time of the year it is so hard to narrow down all the things I am thankful for so I decided that I am just going to make a TOP 5 list of the first things that come to my mind:
1. My family, near and far. I am lucky enough to have married into a wonderful family that loves me and treats me like one of their own. Without them we would be lost. My own family lives so far away but I feel their love every day through phone calls, text messages, and emails. We may only see each other a few times a year but I know exactly what is going on in their lives and that is what is important.
2. My children. I can't stand to be away from them for more than 24 hours and that is a love I never knew. They light up my life with their hugs and excited faces. Everything is new to them and I love sharing those moments with them.
3. My husband. (I KNOW #3 RIGHT?) He is my rock. He keeps me grounded and inspired. He truly loves me and I can feel it in my soul with a support I can lean on every day. He wants me to succeed in all my endeavors, and trust me that is a lot these days. Even when I am grumpy or stressed I know he can take it and still loves me for my passion. And what I love most is that he always puts my happiness above everything, even if it doesn't necessarily make him happy.
4. The gospel. Oh where would I be in my life without it? I was lost in this world and the Lord brought me to the light. (Even as I type this I am crying and overwhelmed with gratefulness). I know that where ever life takes me I will always have a constant. Christ will be there and I know that God has a plan for me and knows what will happen. With my faith in him I can make it through anything. When I joined the LDS church I told myself I would never take it for granted but that is hard when everything in your life seems to work out for the best. My trials are less trying, my hardships are easier to overcome, and my heart is always filled with love.
5. My friends. I am so grateful to have great friends. People who know me and I can count on. I think that is hard to come by these days and it is especially hard for me to depend on others but I depend on them. They keep me sane. They have been through it. They support each other through tough times. They are the good people in the world and I am lucky to be a part of their life.
To everyone that reads this blog thank you for loving our family. We may be miles apart but I feel closer to all of you through your comments and knowing that you are reading about us. We love you all. Happy Thanksgiving.