Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Pirate Princess

It has been a whirlwind two weeks. Lots of preparations, schedule changes, and moving/shifting things around. I cleaned out my craft room moving most of my supplies into the closet and my sewing machine into the family room. It is a good thing there is such a big closet in that room. I've also been going through all Jackson's old clothes, washing blankets and sheets, and setting up the nursery.

We are so excited to meet are new little bug in just a few weeks. So far the pregnancy and baby are perfectly healthy (although I feel much more exauhsted this time around).

I haven't really had a nesting feeling yet but I have been inspired to sew lately. I haven't gotten around to my baby stuff list yet but I did make a few dresses for Elizabeth per her request (PINK) of course.


 Pretending to be Pirates in her Pirate Princess Dress
 So sad Lizzy didn't want to take a picture with him.
 Beautiful girl.
We are still working on the potty training issues with Elizabeth. It really has been a give and take process. Some days she goes all day in the potty other days it is accident after accident. I have been thinking about it a lot lately and have come to the conclusion that I need to go with the flow and let her make the moves and decisions. From past experience I can tell you forcing potty training is not the answer and just leads to frustration on both parts. I am sticking to my guns and keep telling her she doesn't get to go to Joy School until she is completely potty trained. It starts in 2 weeks so we will see how she responds.

I do have to say I have been incredibly grateful lately of their relationship with each other. They have been playing together so well lately it makes me excited to bring a new little person into our lives.

No comments: