Sunday, July 20, 2008

Chubby Baby


I have read the books and they all say don't compare your baby to others. However. . . when you are around other babies (church, Hot Mammas, friends) I can't help but compare Jackson. I am worried that he is getting really chubby because everyone says he is so big when they see him. He is already 15lbs and only 3 1/2 months. I go back and forth about the issue sometimes telling myself that he is just really strong and tall (26 inches). Or I say all the chubby is in the cheeks but I need some reassurance. The doctor says he is healthy and perfect. Why am I freaking out? I just know what an issue childhood obesity is these days and I don't want to overfeed the baby and set him on a pathway of health destruction. I guess it is a hazard of the job (health professional). Ok just writing this has made me calm down and not worry about his growth. Maybe he is just going to be a football player. Who knows?

Oh yeah, and for those of you who haven't seen Captain Jack he can already stand up when propped against something and he is laughing up a storm.



1 comment:

jor said...

Oh he is a fat baby!! I love it! So cute with the chubby cheeks and the rolls on their thighs!