Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where have we been?

(I think this first picture is so cute! This is him saying, "mom do you really have to take soo many pictures of me?")


I know I know, I haven't posted in a while but we have been super busy around here. Brandon is still studying for the GMAT, I am still teaching online, and I am taking a class online for my certification. Plus Jackson is a crazy man and takes up a lot of our time so. . . here is a short update. Jack is over 7 months now and not crawling yet. He is very close though. Right now he gets up on his hands and knees and does that rocking thing babies do right before they take the first "steps" towards crawling that is. He also has 5 teeth now and likes to bite things like my face or sometimes my neck when I think he is giving me kisses. I'm not sure what to do about that. How do you teach a baby not to bite? (haha)

He really h
as the rolling over thing down though. If he wants something he just rolls himself over to it. I am actually surprised he isn't crawling yet because when we brought him home from the hospital he was already rolling from side to side so I thought he was going to be an over-achiever. He has been standing on things since he was 5 weeks old (hence the thunder thighs), so maybe he will just skip the crawling and go straight to walking. Who knows? Other than that he is doing great. Still sleeping through the night, starting to eat finger foods, very observant of everything going on around him, and he has the best gut laugh I have ever heard. He still loves his jumper too. He really can get that thing rocking and he laughs at himself when he gets going. I am just sad most of you can't see him in person.



We put him
in his new car seat and let me tell you he loves it! I think he feels like it is his own thrown or something. It is really soft and comfy and he can see better so he really likes that. One funny thing that I have noticed him doing lately is getting startled. He used to like to be scared a little but now he gets really worried and scared. Not so much that he cries but he definitely jumps in certain situations like when I turn on the faucet in the bathtub or when we go through the car wash. My favorite is when Brandon turns on the garbage disposal because it is really load and Brandon pretends like the noise is coming from him (opening his mouth and turning it on). Jack does not know what to make of that. And he still makes his funny faces. He is a great little boy and we love him so much.

No comments: