Saturday, April 24, 2010

Adjusting




It's funny but I think Elizabeth is having the hardest time adjusting to the new house. Maybe it is the fact that she has constantly been surrounded by people her whole life, or she is just going through a "pill" phase. All I can say it is amazing that I can get anything done around here because the girl has to be held ALL THE TIME! I have been really busy moving, sorting, organizing, and tossing all our stuff around so today I realized that maybe she needed a little one-on-one time with her mom. When Jackson went down for his nap I just sat in her room with her and played. I wasn't thinking about all the boxes that still need to be unpacked or the fact that I should be starting dinner. I just enjoyed being with my baby.
I can't believe she is almost 8 months old already. I look at all her clothes and can't believe that she is moving from the small onesies to the bigger baby clothing. I can't believe she will be crawling soon, is eating solid foods, and is becoming so independent. She is getting used to the crib and all the room she has to roll around and move. She is stubborn but very sweet. And very curious, too curious. . .I know I am going to have to watch her like a hawk. She is always on the move but wants to be with someone all the time. It was so nice to watch her explore and discover new things. There is so much wonder in childhood, and the time is so precious. I think I need to take more time to enjoy the babies and less time worrying about everything I need to get done. The house can wait but Jackson and Elizabeth will be grown before I know it.
Tonight we all read in Jackson's room before bed. Usually Jackson and I read in his chair and Brandon takes care of Lizzy but tonight Brandon went to bed early so it was the three of us. Elizabeth was just hanging out on the floor playing with this talking penguin and Jackson, being the good brother he is, noticed that Lizzy was left out. So he went and sat next to her and told me to come down and sit by him. It was so cute. We read books while Jack fed Lizzy cherrios. He is such a sweet little boy, so considerate of others and sensitive. He loves his sister so much, I am so happy and lucky to have such great kids.

No comments: