Saturday, May 28, 2011

That's Life

We had such a great trip I was so sad to leave. I know we can't live with our parents forever but if we could I would definitely do it. I loved having people around all the time to talk with, watch movies with, or even run errands with. I miss having family close by and I miss all our friends.

We are back in New Mexico and things have been busy. I have to admit...I am not too fond of ABQ. Maybe you have gotten the vibe before but now I am admitting it. I know I just need to give it some time. I know it was the right decision to move here I am just having trouble adjusting to a new place. I don't like the woods. It is lonely, and there are tons of bugs. Plus we have 3 lizards living in the water fall in our backyard. Kind of creepy, don't worry they are harmless, but the kids love them. I still haven't really met any mom friends so that is hard too. We did join a playgroup so hopefully something good will come from that.

We are looking for a new house to rent but the housing market here is awful. The realtor of our current house is being ridiculous. She came into my house while we were gone and changed all my furniture, made Brandon take down our family pictures, and even made him scrub and clean parts of the house that weren't even clean when we moved in. I hate feeling like I am living in a prison. I feel like we can't live here. We can't decorate, we can't make messes, we can't even have a picture of Christ in our house. Plus we live at least 30 min away from everything. It is getting old having drive an hour every day if we want to do something. The houses we have looked at are all tiny and ones that we like are way overpriced (like $2000/month in rent). It is ridiculous and frustrating. I feel like I have looked at 100 houses in the last week and none of them seem to be working out. I guess I just need to keep at it. I just wish our house in Mesa would sell so we would have some money to put down on another house here. Unfortunately there hasn't been much interest. I loved that house. It was so nice compared to what I have seen here, I can't imagine why no one is interested in it.

We are also looking for a new car. After our road trip we have realized that our car is small and cramped and we are in need of an upgrade. Plus when it snows here we are going to need something to handle the weather. I feel like there are so many changes going on I am not myself and I feel crabby and unhappy which is not good for our family. I know this is a somber post, I think I just needed to get my feelings out so I can move forward.

On a happier note here are some fun pictures from our last week in AZ. Hopefully we will be able to make some great memories here soon.

Jackson pretending to be Harry Potter.

Playing in the sprinklers

Lounging by the pool
Jackson sporting his Schwab hat and eating a smoothie pop.
climbing on the waterfall, thanks for the cute outfit Grandma Miller

Lots of swimming




4 comments:

Stillman Family said...

Hey! Sorry you aren't loving being there. I read your post and wanted you to know that I am praying for you. :( Hang in there!

Jill Carilli said...

Love you Jessica. I am glad you were able to vent and get it all out. Sometimes just writing a blog post like this can be very healing. Your realtor is ridiculous. Making you take down family photos and moving your furniture? You need to talk to the landlord and tell them this is ridiculous. You can't even have a photo of Christ in the house? What is that all about? You are paying rent and you agreed to keep the house clean and presentable and make it available for viewings, that doesn't mean she can touch your belongings. :( Good Luck honey. Love you. Hang in there it will get better. xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Slanting wearing a small hat on his head retro Tang Wei has not only become the symbol of the city this winter has become a symbol oakley sunglasses outlet of fashion girl. Somewhat slightly neutral style, meticulous orthodox design, so that Tang Wei is more classical and sexy style conflict. The greatest charm of the hat, the seemingly "old fashioned" style, but very Star Fan children, simple design and smooth, and full of charming style. The color oakley sunglasses of calm, it may with the camel coat, modern women can choose the most stylish bags with a season-style little jacket, but also playful and elegant.

jor johnson said...

Oh I wish I was there to hang out with you! It is sooo hard when you don't have any friends...especially with little kids at home! I hope the playgroups go well and you meet some great people soon.

I cannot believe the realtor went into your house and moved your furniture and took your pictures down!! That is insane.

I'm glad brandon had a day off to play. Looks like you had lots of fun!