Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekly Happenings

Today was our cleaning day. I have been so absorbed with the American Crafters contest that most of my household duties have been on hold. Plus I have been totally exhausted for the past month so the little energy I have goes into the contest. Thankfully I am 10 weeks now and feeling much better. Still a little sick from smells and I sleep 10 hours a night but I don't feel like I am going to pass out every day around 2pm.

The kids have been great. They are so excited about the baby. Lizzy lifts up my shirt (even though I am not showing much yet) and kisses my tummy saying "awe what a cute baby" in her sweet little voice. Jackson just asks how I am feeling and is trying to do everything himself. Dressing himself totally every day, buckling himself into the car, even getting his own food sometimes. He is also really enjoying Joy School now which is so nice to have him go and not throw a huge tantrum every time. He is busy being a really good brother to Elizabeth as well. Making sure that she is happy and doing what she is suppose to be, most of the time to her annoyance.

Another great family news...we got a new car. Last week Brandon drove his mustang to Denver for a work conference and came back with a new 7 seat Kia Sorento. We had been talking about getting a bigger car for awhile and he finally decided to just do it. The car is amazing. Not only does it sit 7 (tightly :( ) but it has black leather seats, key-less entry, a push start ignition, and backup assist. And it is completely compatible with my phone (blue tooth, Pandora, etc). It is the fanciest car I have ever owned and he got a great deal on it. My only problem is that it doesn't have a tv (for long road trips) and it is very compact (which is nice but also not much cargo space or leg room).

Both of the kids love it but Jackson was very sad to see the blue car go. Mainly because it was blue.

No comments: