Monday, March 26, 2012

The Cancer Graduate

Guess what my mom is done with all her cancer procedures! YAY. Last day of the radiation therapy today so she is officially a cancer graduate and in recovery. It has been a long road and I regret that I have not been able to be there for her for any of it. I am so grateful for my brother, sister, and my mom's boyfriend. They have all been so supportive and encouraging to her over the last few months. The radiation was really hard on her. Her body is burned to a crisp and she is exhausted. Now she needs a lot of rest and a quick vacation to see her grandchildren and bring her some cheer. I am so proud of her and all her accomplishments. She is so strong going through everything she has in her life and I am just amazed at how she can take each trial and conquer them. May this year bring love, life, and happiness for you mom...the Lord knows you deserve it.

1 comment:

Jill Carilli said...

Praying for her that she recovers well and her cancer is in remission forever :)