Sunday, April 1, 2012

Now Entering 2nd Trimester

I MADE IT! The first is always the toughest right? Maybe not but I can tell you this first trimester has been the hardest of my 3 pregnancies. I don't know if I am just getting older but I have been more sick, more tired, more prone to yucky smells, and more hungry this time that the previous 2 combined. It probably doesn't help that I have two little children to run around after as well. But I made it into the 2nd trimester and excited to get to it.
Here are some of my feelings about these first few months:
-tired, more tired than ever before which leads to very little motivation to do anything including cooking, cleaning, or crafting.
-hungry. I am always hungry and my weight gain can show for it. Most of the books and doctors suggest only gaining about 1-4lbs in your first 3 months but I have added 6lbs to my body which leads me to my next issue
-expanding waistline not expanding belly. I know most women feel that at first they just look like they have put on some extra weight. I hold my baby weight in a tire like stance all the way around my middle where some women have basketball baby bellies. On the plus side expansion all around = little to no stretch marks.
-Are you in there baby? I have never felt more stress about the baby's well being than this pregnancy. If ignorance is bliss I wish I went back to being ignorant. The more I hear about miscarriage, malformations, and genetic defects the more worried I become. I have 2 healthy and happy babies what are the odds of having another one? So far everything seems to be perfectly healthy and right on schedule so let's just keep praying for the best.
-the heartbeat. No matter how many babies or how many times you hear it my emotions rush over me and it is a magical moment.
-the ultrasounds. I have had two (because I went to two different doctors) and the baby is a baby. He/she is jumping around in my tummy growing legs, arms, fingers, and toes. One of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.
-emotions and hormones. It seems that everything makes me cry these days. A commercial and thought or a story all of which have the opportunity to bring tears to my eyes.

Pregnancy and motherhood is a trying act of complete selflessness. I am working on that part but in the mean time I am enjoying the lives around me and the fact that I have been so blessed to enjoy the happiness that parenting can bring to enrich our lives.

1 comment:

Jill Carilli said...

So excited for you Jessie!! Love you and can't wait to welcome your new little!! :) xo Glad you are feeling better!!!