Monday, October 1, 2012

September 2012 in Review

September is such a busy month in our family. So many birthdays (Lizzy, my dad, my mom, Brandon, and Kailey) and all our life changes the month flew by. Thankfully we didn't add another birthday to the mix (the baby is still in my belly until Friday, more on that later). First we celebrated Elizabeth's birthday. It was very low key this year. Just our family, presents, and her choice of pink cupcakes. She was really proud that she turned 3 and enjoyed all the birthday attention. Some of her favorite gifts this year were a pink ballerina dress from Grandma Stoker, and pretend hair equipment that includes a hair dryer that turns on with batteries, a fake curling iron and straightener, and some fake lipstick. She has played beauty parlor with me nearly every day since she received the gift.

And she is finally on the road to being fully potty trained. She pees in the toilet nearly all the time but has yet to poop. I am hoping that will follow soon.

Jackson is really adjusting to preschool. His teachers are amazing, helping me every morning to make sure he feels safe and he rarely cries anymore when I drop him off. I hope it continues when the baby comes but you never know with new changes.

We have been doing our best to spend a lot of family time and enjoying the cooler weather. This last weekend we went to the children's museum Explora. The kids love it there and I am so thankful I have a membership because we can never see the whole thing in one trip. This time we focused on our favorite exhibits below like the PVC pipes and the air blowers. 
Elizabeth loves the cave that changes color, I think she would stay in there the whole time if I let her. I really enjoy watching them create a fort out of the PVC pipes. Jackson is such a thinker and loves trying to figure out a puzzle. I think he might be an engineer some day.
Then we went upstairs to check out the sound area. On the patio they have big satellite dishes that you can whisper in and talk to each other. The kids thought that was AMAZING! And then we played with the bubbles which I think is the highlight of the trip. Elizabeth was so excited that we found them, she came running up to me waving her arms and yelling in her sweet little voice, "we found them mom we found the bubbles."
It was a great day together and I think the kids actually learned a lot.

Yesterday we celebrated Brandon's 32nd birthday. The kids were so excited to help make the cake and put the candles on. They even sang Happy Birthday to him, I think it was the best present he could have asked for.

I am so grateful for my family. They keep me sane and support me, even when I am going through a tough time. This pregnancy has been a nightmare. Not because of my actually body or the baby but the doctor drama is really getting to me. I switched from my original doctor because I didn't like her bedside manner. The doctor that I switched to was amazing. Sweet, knowledgeable, and I felt like she actually cared about me and my health needs. Then she informed me 2 weeks before my due date that she was moving out of the state and I had to find a new doctor. After calling a few recommended doctors and not being able to get an appointment I finally found a doctor that I like and think will be a good fit for my situation. Everything was scheduled for my c-section (the second time I had to schedule it because I was originally scheduled with the doctor that left me). Babysitters all set up, work leave put in, and mom is flying in a few days after so she can help when I get home from the hospital. Then I get a call last week informing me that they have to push my surgery from Wednesday to Friday, just 2 days before my due date. Not to mention I didn't find out the actual time of the surgery until this morning when I asked the doctor at my weekly appointment (no call to inform me of a time before then). Next I am scheduled to go to the anesthesiologist for blood draws and she informs me that they can't use my blood samples because it has to be within 72 hours of the surgery.

 So many changes in such a little time period is not good for a pregnant women in her 39th week. Also my surgery is scheduled for 7:30am which means I need to be at the hospital by 5:30am and I was freaking out because I don't know who can watch my kids so early in the morning and how they are going to react when I am not there when they wake up. So I came home this morning and cried my eyes out. I think I had been holding all my frustrations and anxiety in for so long that I just exploded. Probably scared Brandon to death that something had happened but I just couldn't take the emotional drama any more.

Thankfully the ward is so amazing and has stepped up to offer to help us out. It is so hard being away from family in a situation like this. I am really nervous about the operation. I hope all these changes and inconsistencies are just business issues and not a reflection of the doctor's actual medical skills. I need Brandon in that operating room to help me through it, hold my hand, and make sure everything goes okay. Let's just pray I make it to Friday without going into labor before then. That is the last thing I need to go into labor and have more complications.

Here is a picture of me 5 days before delivery. I cannot wait to get rid of the big belly and meet our new addition.

No comments: