Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Photo Props




Props are a tricky thing when taking photos. Sometimes they can be so fantastic. . .like those Anne Geddes photos of the babies in the different outfits. Some people don't like those but I think they are super cute and I admire her way of capturing the little tike's expressions because that is not easy. Anyways, back to the props. I rarely use them, partly because I don't have great ones and partly because the pictures turn out so posey. I like shots that are more natural and just watching the person interact in his/her environment. With this in mind I found this great pot on the door step of someone in our apartment complex. They weren't home but I took the liberty of borrowing it for a few shots of Jack. The pictures turned out so good, almost every shot was a keeper. It was the perfect size for him and he actually loved being in it which shocked me! He kept looking down in it and poping back up. It was so cute. I know I am just his mother but I really think Jackson is one of the funniest and cutest babies I have ever seen. (I love his wide open smile.)

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I love that prop! The pics look great. I really like the blk&wht ones.

Brianna said...

Those are so cute! Good Job!