Sunday, April 19, 2009

Walk the Line

Jackson is officially a free walking man now! He has been trying it out for around 2 months, walking from furniture to furniture, holding onto the walls. . .that sort of thing but this week was the breakthrough! He finally got the courage and the awareness that he can walk, on his own, very well I might add. Now he is walking everywhere. All around the apt, church, anywhere we are he wants to walk. Not a big fan of shoes though. He just needs to get used to them.

Another funny thing that he does lately is stick his legs through the crib bars (wood bars) when he sleeps. He loves his crib, he never tries to climb out and when I put him down he snuggles into the corner and falls right to sleep. But when I go in to check on him he always has at least 1 leg through the bars. It is really funny because I think he is really comfortable in that position. The bumper is still in the crib because he tends to shove his head in the corner and he uses it a little like a pillow, so the leg out the bars is also propped up a little. What a funny kid.

On another note I started to feel the new baby this week. Tiny butterfly kicks. I have to admit I don't really feel like I am pregnant most of the time (other than being tired) so when the kicks come it is reassuring that the little bug is still in there. We still don't know if it is a lady bug or a man bug but we will let you know soon.


Crazy epiphany of the week: Not all lady bugs can be ladies if you really think about it.

3 comments:

The Griegers said...

How exciting! You got to feel your little one move AND your big man is walking! WOW! We look forward to seeing you guys soon :D

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

I cant believe you felt it move already!!! The swim lessons are at Aspire. Let me know if you cant find it.

Ashley Hall said...

It's so fun when they start kicking and so exciting cute Jaxon is walking. It was so fun talking to you the other day. I'm so glad we're friends!!