Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

So my first year as a mother has truly been the most gratifying of my life. I love Jackson and I really do miss him when I am away, even if it is only for a few hours. With the next one on the way I wanted to reflect on what I love about being a mother.

1. I love seeing a smiling face when you walk into the room
2. I love snuggle time, even if it is only for a few seconds
3. I love taking care of someone that is more important than myself
4. I love watching my son learn, and knowing that I taught him that
5. I love having someone to kiss goodnight, every night
6. I love having a person to hangout with all the time. . .I hate being alone
7. I love sharing food with Jack, he eats just enough to cut the calories but not too much that I am still hungry
8. I love the innocence of children
9. I love feeling the new baby grow and move inside me
10. I love how close our family has become with the addition of 1

One thing that I hate about motherhood is the out of control feeling you get when you can't fix something or make it right. Jackson was walking around and he tripped and got a bloody lip (from his own teeth) yesterday and I felt totally helpless because I couldn't stop the bleeding or make it feel better. All I could do was hold him and let him know that I was there. I feel that way whenever he is sick or hurt and I know that this is only going to get bigger and harder as he gets older. I just need to remember that ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE and everyone has their own agency. All I can do is be there and hopefully that will be enough.


Motherhood is the most humbling and rewarding experience in life, and I wouldn't change anything about it.

1 comment:

Jill Carilli said...

This was awesome to read Jess. You are such a great Mom! Jackson and his bro/sis lucky to have you!