Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Photo Shoot and a Dress

As many of you know I have really gotten into sewing since Liz was born. I haven't done any scrapbooking in over a year (so much for keeping up with the baby books). But I have a lot of sewing projects to show Elizabeth's growth and style in her first two years of life. And, I have been expanding my sewing knowledge by creating pieces without patterns.

Now don't get too impressed. Kids clothing is really actually easy because there is no darts, or worrying about curves or any of those other issues that you would face when making adult clothing. Kids clothes are all about shapes; squares, triangles, and tubes. But still I am really proud of how far I have come since college and my love-sac fiasco (a story for another time).

Anyways here is another project with out a pattern. This project was inspired by this super cute GAP ruffle dress. I saw this dress and thought I CAN MAKE THAT! I just love all the little details. The ruffles around the neck, and the synched waist with ties. Plus it is perfect for the 4th of July. I found this adorable fabric from fabric.com that matches my little Lizzy's eyes perfectly.


And here are some shots from my other hobby that has not been flourishing lately but I still love taking pictures.

Isn't she gorgeous! I just love her little sweet face, especially when she is smiling.


The most beautiful crystal blue eyes I have ever seen. Brandon is worried for the future teenage Lizzy with her looks and spunky personality. We are in trouble!

Doing somersaults. Her current favorite activity.

Two peas in a pod, not smiling at the camera of course but looking good.

Check out that face, she is so funny.

I love these kids.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Good job with the dress. I agree they are SO cute.