Monday, August 18, 2008

4 Months Fly By

Jackson turned 4 months last week and he is gigantic! He is 27 inches long (which is off the chart for his age). He is also 16.5 lbs which isn't too big (75th percentile). He is laughing a ton now and very ticklish which Brandon loves. He has also discovered how to play catch with himself. He picks up his duck and throws it to his side and then he picks it up again and throws it to the side. It is really funny to watch. We are still working on the tummy time. No rolling over yet but I try to encourage him. He has gotten close so I am hoping it will be any day. I think he is just not interested in rolling over right now because he hates being on his stomach. He still cries every time we put him down on his stomach and just waits for us to come and pick him up.

Our family is staying at the Stokers right now while they are in Scotland with Ashley and Caitlin. They really are world travelers. It is very interesting taking care of two teenagers and a baby. I tried to help Missy with her math homework the other night (Algebra II) and I realized how long it has been since I was in Algebra II. I had to look up factoring on the Internet so I could explain it to her and I still couldn't help her with all the problems. I guess it is good practice for when I will have to help my kids in the future. The first week at the Stoker's was really tough on Jack but once we brought his swing over he felt more at home.


Brandon is in the process of looking for a new job. Working from 3:00am to 5:30pm (sometimes 6:00pm) is not good for him or me. They are running him ragged and it doesn't seem like it is going to change any time soon. I feel so bad for him because all he does is come home and eat dinner (holding Jack in the process so that he can get some father-son time in) and then he goes to bed. Most of our talking during the week is on the phone on his way home from work. Hopefully he will find something soon because I don't know how much longer he can take it

Overall things are great (other than the tough work schedule) and we are happy in Arizona where it is still 109 degrees.

No comments: