Thursday, August 28, 2008

US OPEN


One thing that I would love to see in my lifetime is the US OPEN in NYC. It is all amount drama and intense matches. Plus a little bit of Hollywood with celebrities and fashion on the court. This year I am really hoping that Roddick makes a run for it. He is by far my favorite player because of his charisma and power. I love that he wears his heart on his sleeve in the match and sometimes lets his emotions out (reminds me a little of myself back in my tennis days). Yesterday he had a great match against Santoro who is know to be a wall and a frustrating opponent to some of the best players. He just needs to keep that one-two punch with the power serve and the forehand slam.

Other players to keep an eye on:

Marat Safin: aka the Mad Russian
The Williams sisters: always dominating!
Mardy Fish: girlfriend is a Deal or No Deal model
Fernando Verdasco: hot Spaniard
Novak Djokavic: my prediction to win it all
James Blake: already two close matches and one lucky b******

Good luck to all and enjoy watching some great tennis over the next week and a half. Maybe next year I will get to see the live show but until then I will have to settle for watching it on our HD flatscreen.

No comments: