Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Project 1 DONE!

I finally finished Elizabeth's bedding last week. I made a blanket, bumper, and valence to go with the crib skirt that I ordered online. I am really pleased with how everything turned out. Even though we won't be using it for awhile because she will be sleeping in a bassinet that my friend Megan lent me (we don't have room for another crib right now), I am still happy I made it all because it will be really cute in the future. For now she will just have to use the blanket which Jackson has already decided is very snugly. Here is a picture of how the blanket turned out.

The bumper is similar to the blanket with brown ribbon ties. Very cute!

My next project is making a few dresses for Elizabeth. I got a pretty good deal on a few patterns that have lots of options and a good deal on some fabric. Let me just say though that I hate how Joann's gives coupons every week but then they put their fabric on sale so you can't even use the coupons, even though the sale deal is not as good as the coupon deal. Sometimes they will take your coupon and use it for the original price but not often. Anyways, I am really excited about the dresses and have almost finished the first one which I will post a picture of soon. Happy crafting everyone!

1 comment:

Mark, Shannon, and Trey said...

That turned out sooooo CUTE!!!! I agree about JoAnns!!!