Monday, October 5, 2009

Year End Goals

Elizabeth is thriving. She can hold her head up now, is more awake during the day, sleeps pretty good through the night, and even gives us hints of a smile now and then. She is beautiful and I am just glad that she is here and I am not pregnant anymore. Even though I am nursing, I am excited to get my body back. I still have 2 1/2 weeks before I can exercise which has been hard to resist but I am ready to set my post pregnancy goals. We are planning on having family pictures taken this Christmas with Brandon's whole family so that is my weight loss goal. Last time we had pictures taken I was 6 months pregnant with Jackson and I HATE that picture because I don't look pregnant I just look fat. (Brandon agrees, haha) So this time I am determined to look good. I gained 30lbs with Elizabeth and have already lost 20 thanks to nursing (burning 500 calories a day is nice). My goal is to lose another 20lbs by Christmas. I know, most of you are probably thinking losing weight this time of the year is impossible with all the yummy Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas treats but I am going to do it. I will monitor my progress on the blog each week in order to keep myself motivated. I am also motivating myself with clothes because I LOVE SHOPPING. After the first 5 I get a new shirt, the first 10 I get a new pair of pants and at my goal I get an entire new outfit. Hopefully I will meet my goal and have a little self control but only time will tell.

3 comments:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

Monitoring on the blog should totally hold you accountable!!!! You can do it and am sure you are already looking fabulous!

Kim Abbott said...

Maybe I should have done that, I still haven't lost all my Chloe wait and I have no excusses anymore! Good luck!!!

Ashley Hall said...

Jess! I'm so proud! :) I definitely need to do that once I have this baby. I really need to fit into my old clothes again. I was just barely getting close when I got pregnant again! Good luck!!