Saturday, January 23, 2010

Helmet update


Well, it is official. As long as the insurance goes through Elizabeth will be sporting a Doc Band (helmet with no top). We went for a consult on Thur which was more of an issue than I originally thought it was going to be. First, it has been pouring rain here in AZ for the past 4 days and it is never fun driving or walking in the rain, especially with two children under 2. The office is in Phoenix so I had to drive for 30 min in the rain with Jackson saying, "mommy, mommy, mommy" all the way there. And I also got lost. Then once we got there I realized that I had to park in a parking garage and I didn't bring my stroller. There was no parking in the covered area so we parked on the top level, in the rain, while I carried Lizzy in her carseat and Jackson on my other hip. NOT FUN. But the office was really nice, they had lots of toys, the nurses were amazing taking care of both Elizabeth and making sure that Jackson was happy. The doctor said Lizzy has moderate plagiocephaly and she should only have to wear the band for 8-10 weeks. It is a good thing we caught it early. My only concern (other than my kid's head) is sometimes insurance will not cover it because they claim it is a cosmetic issue. COME ON! This is an infant's head we are talking about. Hopefully that won't happen and everything will work out.


She is going to be the cutest helmet baby ever!

On another note, we are busy looking for houses to buy! We spent all day today looking at houses, which is actually really fun. There are so many options. We are limited because we are on a tight budget which means we will probably not be getting a house with much of a yard, but there are some really great deals and we are hopeful that we can find what we are looking for. I feel so grown up!

1 comment:

jor said...

Oh! Going anywhere with toddlers & babies is so hard! You are one tough mom. How long will Lizzy need the helmet? She sure is a pretty little girl. I'm so happy to be moving near my family, but was so hoping to be able to see you guys soon!! We will hopefully be able to work something out soon. Have fun house hunting! That is awesome!