Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One more day

Have you noticed that as you get older a birthday turns into just one more day. Today is my 27th birthday and it felt like an ordinary day. People wished me happy birthday and I had some cake but really, isn't a birthday just another day as we get older? There are no present surprises, singing is not as much fun, and lets face it the fire alarm might go off if I really lit all those candles. I'm not trying to be a downer I'm just saying that in my very old age (: I am not excited about a birthday and it just becomes another day on the calendar. I think I am actually more excited about other people's birthdays more than my own. Today was a great day with my family and I got to see an old friend which was fun, I even had someone sing to me in a restaurant so it was a good birthday. I'm just not so happy about being 27th and entering my late 20's. I guess I better make this year count and do something impressive and wonderful in my life.

No comments: