Friday, October 7, 2011

It's Official

It's official 1 whole week and no accidents and no diapers! Amazing! I am so proud of my boy. He is really independent wanting to go potty all by himself. He really is a take charge kind of boy and stubborn. I need to remember this for the future. He will do it when he wants to. Same thing with walking. Walking around the furniture for 3 months and will not let go...then one day he does it and never falters. I guess he is a bit of a control freak like his mama.

We have had an agreement for months that if he fills up a potty chart with stickers he will get a bike. Well that happened in about 4 days, lol. So we went and bought a bike. He was a little scared and nervous at first (like always) but by day 2 he was riding it around the park with no problems. A couple of spills but got right back up and rode again. Another word to describe him DETERMINED.


Honestly I can say this now but I can't believe how easy this has been. All my moaning and worrying for him to be out of diapers and now that he is he just goes, no problem. I guess he really did know when he would be ready. Wisdom to all you mothers...trust your child. Most of the time they know what they need.

No comments: