Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall in Albuquerque

I LOVE the weather in Albuquerque. I never thought I would say this but I am really liking living here now. The seasons are so beautiful and it is so nice to get back to my roots with all the outdoor activities. Lately it has been about 65 degrees and sunny. A small chill of wind but the sun and blue skies are so lovely it just makes you want to spend all day outside. Which we do often. This weekend we decided to take a little adventure and travel up to the woods. The drive was amazing. The autumn colors...orange, yellow, red, green, the woodsy smell, and the sun shining down on us. We hiked up in the Sandia Crest listening to the animals, climbing on trees, and enjoying the adventure. The kids had a blast and even hiked about 2 miles which is amazing. I felt so at peace, and it reminded me of my dad. I have been thinking about him a lot lately and this was the perfect day to reflect on my life and memories with him.












No comments: