Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cancer Watch-The End of the Line

Today my mom went in for her regular chemo treatment when she got some surprising news...SHE IS DONE! The doctor decided that she has been through enough and no more chemo is needed. She will however have to undergo radiation of the lymph nodes now but hey anything is better than injecting your body with poison every week.

Her fingers and toes are numb, she has lost all of her fingernails on her hands, she is constantly tired and worn out, and she is still in pain from the surgeries so she is a little irritated with everyone. Now it is over. Her hair will grow back, her fingernails will grow back, she will finally have her body back.

She has been going to a physical therapist to help with the pain in her arm and underarm. Although she doesn't feel it is working I know it is because she is getting regular messages of the area, stretching, and her reach has already improved.

Tomorrow she is going to the chemo place one more time to take some pictures for a scrapbook and say goodbye, hopefully never to be back again. I am so happy for her. She is an amazing women, been through more than her share of trials and now she has overcome yet again. There is still a lot of recovery to go through over the next few months. Radiation, breast reconstruction, and a hysterectomy. It is a long road but the worst is over.

MOM as you know and I will always remember:

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Tim 4:7

I love you and couldn't be more happy and proud!

2 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

I am so happy for her and for you!!

jor johnson said...

Oh Jess, this has made me teary eyed. I'm so happy that this horrible part is over and I will keep her in my prayers to make it through the rest with a smile on her face! She is lucky to have a daughter like you!