Sunday, June 28, 2009

Change of Plans

So after a lot of thought and research I have decided not to make all of the baby's nursery stuff. I never found a fabric that I really liked at a reasonable price. The whole idea behind making the baby stuff was to save money. However, between shipping and tracking down several yards of the same fabric I got frustrated. Then I feel in love with this print from Target. I know. . . Target. When in doubt look at Target. Anyways, the only problem is the print is old and all sold out in stores and one their website. So I went to Ebay and found the dust ruffle and blanket for really good prices. I bought both and I bought 2 more dust ruffles that I am going to use to make a bumper and valance for the window. So I am still making part of the project but not the whole thing which if you think about it is probably best because knowing me I won't finish it. (I have a tendency of starting things and getting distracted therefore not completing the project). Here is a picture of the new bedding:I love tulips so I am really excited about this theme. Sorry to anyone that started with the daisies but daisies are always welcome. The print is from dwell studio and it is the Olivia print so if anyone sees anything else in this area let me know (nightlights, pillows, blankets, whatever). Hopefully this idea will work out, I'm sure I will have to supplement with some basic brown and pink fabrics but that shouldn't be too hard. And I know a chandelier is a little silly for a baby room but I LOVE IT! They have great ones at Ikea so that is next on my shopping list.

5 comments:

Brooke W said...

I have seen that print before and I LOVE it! I will keep my eye out for anything you need.

The Coger Family said...

I have seen that print before too. it is really cute. I, too, will keep my eye out for anything! BTW I love the idea of a chandelier in a bay girl's room. sooo cute

Jill Carilli said...

I love it too. I have a real funny story for you some day about the daisies. So my friend put a chandelier in her baby's room and it looks cute. Very J-LO!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I am totally the same way about starting projects. It's a sickness, I tell ya! I also think it's cool to have a chandelier - if I had a little girl I'd be all over that too! I was trying to convince my husband I needed one for my scrapbook room but the ceilings in our apartment are too low. :(

Tanya said...

I really like that print! I wonder where else might be a good place to look for it. It's a beautiful choice!